Saturday, August 28, 2010

Author God


The other day we were driving by Dairy Queen and my niece said to her mom, “Are we going to Drama Queen?”

It made us laugh.

Girl, we have been camping out at Drama Queen for way too long.

I have found myself wrestling and fearful, yet I keep calling on Jesus knowing He is the only thing that satisfies my soul. Instead of giving way to fear and anxiety, I am searching the pages of God’s word. He is the author and the finisher of our faith.

Instead of inviting the world of worries and camping out at Drama Queen, I’m letting God write my story. He alone knows our beginning and our end.

Author God,

Pen me my purpose.

Write it with wonder.

Write me with praise that fills my lips.

Joy that overflows spilling onto those around me,

A heart filled with gratitude and love without limits.


I’m wide-eyed with wonder as I find God in the pages of His word. Oh, how real He is. Our very present help in time of need.

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea, though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling. There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God.” (Ps 46:1-4)

Have your waters been a little troubled lately, does it feel like the mountain you have been standing on is about to crumble beneath you?

What can we fear when God is in our midst?

If God is for us, who is dumb enough to mess with us and try to be against us?

He is our peace and the One who holds our story in His hands.

“The God of Jacob is our refuge.” (Ps 46:7)

1 comment: