Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Beggar and The Bride


If I could paint a picture with my words and capture it fully on paper my life would look like so many things.

At times I’m the embrace you never want to let go of and the contagious laugh that makes you smile.

Sometimes I’m the empty cup in the beggar’s hands just waiting to be filled up. With trembling hands and a worn out sign I receive His bread of life and I’m satisfied.

I’m the funny story and the woman walking away with her skirt tucked into her undies. I’m the funniest home video that makes the top three, but never walks home with cash prize.

I’m the unscripted mystery my husband can’t figure out. I’m the hormonal hurricane with tears and hysteria that makes absolutely no sense at all.

Sometimes I’m the “keep out” and “closed for business” sign. Retreating within as God sifts out the areas of pride. He causes my defenses to crumble and becomes the wall of fire around me. He sweeps the floor of my heart and gives me in abundance everything that I have need of.

I’m the reinvented Martha busy in the kitchen just to prove a point to my mother-in-law that I’m not a total disgrace to housewives.

I’m the frozen noodles and a smirk as I fake my way to a delicious, edible meal. I’m the shrug of my shoulders giving up every idea of false perfection as I embrace the freedom of letting go.

I’m Mary sitting at the feet of Jesus taking up some carpet space as I sit wide-eyed and hopeful, hanging on every word.

I’m the woman wrapped up in infirmity stretching out my hand to reach the hem of Jesus’ garment with desperate faith knowing fully that if I touch the Master I will be healed.

I’m the lady in waiting with my lamp full of oil eagerly awaiting my bridegroom so much in love.

I’m the dried up tears and the joyful dance that just can’t be stopped!

“Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come…” (Song of Solomon 2: 10-11 NKJV)

Much love,

Jennifer Renee

2 comments:

  1. Oh my how I loved this...you are amazing and most definetly my role model. If I can gain half the strength of you and become just a portion of the Godliness you show I will be a blessed woman. Thank you for sharing all your insecurities and strengths! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry!! I believe in you and I know that God is going to use your testimony for His glory!! I love you too!

    ReplyDelete