Tuesday, August 17, 2010

When God Waits


Often I find myself in a place so familiar, I used to linger here unwillingly, restlessly kicking against the invisible holding pattern that somehow encircled me.

Waiting on a promise.

Waiting on dreams that only God could place in my heart to unfold.

Waiting for doors to swing wide open, instead of pushing on a door that clearly said, “pull.”

Who are we to question His perfect timing, even when it feels so delayed?

I stumbled upon a word for you and me. We are not the only ones waiting, my sweet friend.

In fact, it’s the God of all creation waiting on us. Seeking to lavish upon us His divine favor. He alone knows we are not ready, and so we must wait.

We must wait knowing that God is good to those who wait on Him and to the soul who seeks Him. (Lam 3:25)

We must wait knowing that He will strengthen our hearts. (Ps 27:14)

How patient He must be watching us take two steps forward and one giant step back. Longing to dance with us as we take the lead stepping on the feet of the one who orders our steps.

“Therefore the Lord will wait, that He may be gracious to you;
And therefore He will be exalted, that He may have mercy on you,
For the Lord is a God of justice;
Blessed are all those who wait for Him. (Is 30:18 NKJV)

When God waits His desires overflow with graciousness towards you.

When God waits He opens His hands and provides nourishment to our soul in due season.

When God waits it’s because His ways are so much higher.

And when we are no longer in waiting we can rest assured that God will be exalted in our lives!

1 comment:

  1. So that's why my dancing is always so awkward! I insist upon taking the lead... Lord, teach us to yield!!

    ReplyDelete