Friday, September 3, 2010

Faith that Moves Mountains



“I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” (Mark 11:23-24)

Sometimes the mountains seem larger than life, so we put on our hiking boots and determine to climb the rocky terrain. We look up at the mountain that is about to swallow us and something whispers in the wind, “You don’t have to climb this.”

We press on with the harsh wind in our face and brace ourselves for the climb of our lives. Feeling like a horrible episode of Man vs. Wild you imagine the worst and push yourself harder hoping to not end up as lunch for some hungry bear.

You hear the gentle voice again, “You weren’t meant to climb this.”

It’s time to set our gaze on the Mountain Mover and not the mountain.

He is bigger than our obstacles.

He is bigger than our fears and doubts.

And He longs to be big in you.

Right now you are facing something that is bigger than you, but it is not bigger than God. Instead of strapping on those ugly boots…find a place alone with God.

2 comments:

  1. Umm... stop getting in my head woman!!!
    If I'm not supposed to climb the mountain that means I have to relinquish control. I kinda like control. Then again... I am kinda tired from all this climbing.
    Why is it so hard to trust Him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl,
    I'm with you! So tired of climbing, so I'm trusting God to cause those mountains to crumble! He is so much bigger than the things that stand in our way!!!

    ReplyDelete