Saturday, April 3, 2010

Humanity and the Cross

Tonight I feel the weight of my humanity. Wednesday night I wept during a majority of the sermon about “Jesus on the Cross.” My husband told the brutal account in a way that made His sacrifice come alive with such force. I couldn’t hold back the tears. I imagined every stripe that lined His flesh-torn back and I knew it was so that you and I may be healed and whole. My heart was heavy with belief in this amazing Son of God and torn at the thought of just how much Jesus loves us.

Today as my children hunted eggs in the sunshine among friends I thought about the eggs they may have missed, the ones cleverly disguised and hidden. Within their reach and yet they were passed by. I loved the little expressions of the purest joy as they found each colorful egg. What joy finding the smallest treasure brings!

How many people are in this world waiting to be found, waiting to be told about the glorious redemption of Christ that I’ve found? How many people don’t even realize how very lost they are? He stands at the door knocking to a knob-less door waiting for His invitation to enter in.

We are the treasure of Christ, we are His delight. We are the apple of His eye. (Zech 2:8) Oh, how I long to chase after Him in such a way that brings Him glory. The days are filled up with so many other colorful distractions that catch our eye taking our minds off of our glorious Savior. Tomorrow we will celebrate the resurrection of Christ and my heart is so caught up in gratitude that the ultimate price was paid for my sins.

So tonight as I’m reminded of my humanity and all the things that come with being hopelessly flawed, I’m SO aware that I’m the furthest thing from perfect, that I get mad sometimes and act like a girl, yet I have great hope that I’m not alone. He is risen from the grave. And if He can do that, He can do anything. Nothing is too difficult for our God!

Happy Easter, sweet friends!

Can’t wait to see some of you tomorrow, I’ll be the girl with brand new highlights and the only one NOT wearing pastel.

No comments:

Post a Comment