Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What would Jillian say?

Today I actually started my walk with a chocolate chip cookie in my hand. Try to picture it, me with a cookie in one hand and my cell phone and ipod in the other. I smirked as I began to walk faster thinking how ironic it was, and completely like myself, to try to be disciplined in one area of my life and not the other.

I thought to myself, “What would Jillian Michaels say?”

I shudder at the thought.

I ate half of the cookie and in total disgust tossed the other half into the woods by my house. And then I ran after it crying, searching desperately to find it. I can’t believe you guys fell for that. The part about eating half of the cookie and tossing the other half totally happened.

Later on I ate two, fluffy yellow Peeps and some other Easter candy that made me think about kicking the Easter Bunny in his two front teeth. Who needs to run crying after half-eaten cookies when I have a stash of Easter candy that will last me a year? I won’t even tell you what I had for lunch at 3 pm from Sonic; all I can say is that Jillian, with her toned abs and hunger pangs, would have me in a choke-hold if she knew.

So, is walking and eating a cookie the equivalent of jogging with a cigarette in my hand? No, but it wasn’t healthy. Tomorrow I plan to do better and eat a more balanced diet… and get rid of some of that dang candy.

Come back for tomorrows post…

2 comments:

  1. BWAAA HAAA HAAA!!! This post made me smile so much. Dang candy!
    Love your writing- a dose of reality and humor !!
    Bring it on!
    Jen B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen B,

    I am so glad this made you smile! Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I did exercise without a cookie today...but I did eat some candy later on. Oh well! Ha.

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete