Saturday, January 1, 2011

He Makes All Things New...Happy New Year!


I haven’t actually made my “New Years” list. Perhaps it would be somewhat lengthy with things on it like “exercise more and lay off the Twinkies” further down on the list. But, if I’m honest I will admit to my love affair with refined sugar and leave that off of my invisible list. So, if I were to make a list the first thing I would put is this: dig deeper in the word and surround yourself with greatness.

Yesterday I did just that, I spent a few hours today dreaming dreams and praying with a dear friend of mine. We talked about being the salt and light of the world and living in a way that makes people thirsty.

Reflecting back on last year I know God as my healer and a God that is true to His word. The chapter in the Bible that I read frequently this past year was Isaiah 43, it was a lifeline for me when I felt like I was sinking and the waters were about to pull me under. But, now I don’t feel like I’m sinking. I feel like He is making all things new.

“See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.” (Is 43:19 NIV)

“Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new. It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it? There it is! I’m making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands.” –The Message

Bursting means overflowing, absolutely full, and satisfied! And there we see our Lifeline pointing the way out of our badlands and offering us the satisfaction that only comes from following Him.

Whatever last year looked like for you, whether it was good or bad, God wants to do a new thing in you and in me. He wants to provide for His children and give you streams of living water in your wasteland.

Verse 18 in the Message says it this way, “Forget about what’s happened; don’t keep going over old history.”

Don’t keep a death grip on last year’s heartaches. Let them go and look to God with anticipation, take Him at his word.

“Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ.” (Phil 1:6 NIV)


Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the encouragement. The word for last year for us was grief so I am praying this year will be more peaceful and not so full of pain. take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you, for a peaceful year and for God to make all things new...may a healing work begin.

    Bless you,

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete