Sunday, December 13, 2009

My life, His masterpiece

A few years ago after experiencing some heartache, God gave me a thought and I haven’t been able to let go of it. We can look back on our life and lock eyes with our past heartaches and only see broken shards of glass that leave us bleeding and broken. But, when we step back and look at what seemed like only broken pieces of our past and take a fresh look…what we really see is a beautiful mosaic of God carefully placing those broken pieces of our lives back together with greater purpose. The end result is a life that brings the Greatest Artist glory. He is the potter, so mold me and make something useful out of me. If I am the canvas, let every brush stroke take me past the point of looking more like myself and more of a reflection of His Glory. What used to be a beautiful vase placed upon a shelf to look at, is now the messy mosaic of me and ex-perfectionist.

No comments:

Post a Comment