Saturday, December 19, 2009

For I Know the Plans I have for YOU!!

Who can fully understand the plans God has in store for us? And if you knew how those plans would unfold step by step, like a clever how to manual, would you choose to accept those plans? Would that make life easier? I guess we have all come to the understanding that God doesn’t work like that and neither do we. You see, I believe that God sets us apart for something amazing, dreams that He alone places in our hearts for a very specific reason…getting there is the hardest part of the journey especially when you try to force the hand of God.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and I will bring you back from captivity.” (Jeremiah 29:11-14)

God alone has a plan for our lives, most of the time we can’t see the big picture of what God is doing in our lives. You can’t appreciate a masterpiece of artwork when your face is two inches from the canvas. You have to step back to appreciate the full picture and take the time to really see it for what it is. Our lives are much the same, step back and let the Masterful Artist do His work. He’s not finished with you, my dear friend, He is just getting started!

3 comments:

  1. I read this an was amazed how God speaks to me through others. I know when you write you are writing what is in your heart and on your mind but I wanted to say Thank you this post was exactly what I needed at this time in my life. I had just posted a few days ago on my blog/journal how overwhelmed I felt with the changes and direction God is leading our family. We have a picture on our wall by the dining table that we read over and over it says, "The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you." Your writings touched my heart and helped reassure me we were where we are supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer for writing about God's plan. Keeping a constant reminder about this helps. I agree with what Fam of Five said. How weird that you wrote about something that I have been struggling with. God told me just the other day to be like David and to pray and obey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that this spoke to you! I'm praying for you...I know how hard it is to juggle our roles!

    ReplyDelete