Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Imagine Me

I should be packing and doing so many other things, but I just wanted to take the time to say Merry Christmas. I pray that you whisper the name of Jesus throughout your celebrations and count your blessings like I am right now. I’m so thankful for my first love, my Jesus. I found Him as a child and my love deepens with each day that passes. I have no idea why He called me as a teen into fulltime ministry, but I treasure that calling and feel so honored and humbled to serve Him with every fiber of who I am. I am far from perfect. I’m a slight drama queen with ADD tendencies that make for a very enjoyable life of laughter and chaos. My prayer throughout the years has been, O Lord, keep me soft before You.

Right now I am working with the youth in our Fine Arts program preparing to compete in March. Every week God shows up and gives me the words and prayers to pray over these kids that I love so dearly. Coming from a broken home and seeing addiction from the eyes of a child did something to me. It pointed my eyes towards my Daddy God and caused me to seek His face instead of following hard after the ways of this world. I was broken for this very reason, the scars of my yesterday look so much like their scars today. My past enables me to minister to this brokenhearted, fatherless generation. Every week the youth I work with bring something painful to my attention and I wish I could shelter them from the heartache they are dealing with right now. But, I can’t. I just know that the God of my broken childhood will be the God of their brokenness now and He alone will piece them back together with greater purpose to know what it really means to be a follower of Christ.

One of the songs we are doing this year is ‘Imagine Me’ by Kirk Franklin. I played the song to them again on Sunday and asked them to really listen to the words. As the song played we sat in a circle. One by one our kids began to sob as I told them, “This is how I imagine you, I imagine you set free…just like me.”
Here is part of the song:

Imagine me

Loving what I see when the mirror looks at me cause I imagine me

In a place with no insecurities and I’m finally happy cause I imagine me

Letting go of all of the ones that hurt me cause they never did deserve me

Can you imagine me?

Over what my mama said and healed from what my daddy did and I wanna live and not read that page again...

Jesus Christ came wrapped in flesh, as a tiny baby so that you could be free and He that the Son sets free is free indeed!I imagine you strong. I imagine you whole and set free, and most of all I imagine you this Christmas season surrendering the hurts of yesterday to embrace the God who holds your future in his nail scarred hands.
I love you!

Merry Christmas!
Jennifer Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment