Saturday, November 6, 2010

Senorita Cranky-pants and Lattes


Where do I start? While everyone is counting down how many days until Christmas and breaking out their cute knee-high fashionable, Fall boots and talking about how happy they are that the Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back on the menu I’m feeling a less than jolly. It’s not that I don’t adore the fall colors. Nothing inspires me more. I don’t mind a little chill in the air and a big bulky sweater. I love all those things.

The change in the weather brings illness and I’m pretty much done with all of that. Colds, strep throat, tummy bugs…we experienced it all and it’s only early November! Perhaps that’s why I haven’t wanted to blog or do much of anything but be a big fat baby.

I long to be inspired to change some things around me. I must first start with my focus and perspective. I know I have been looking at things through clouded eyes. So I pray for wisdom knowing that I will always be praying the will of God when I ask for knowledge that comes from God alone.

I don’t understand why every October I find myself feeling a little blue. But, God always sees me through every step. Trust me, so many times I want a magic pill to make it all go away and yet I know that what I feel on the inside is so mild compared to what others face on a day to day basis.

I don’t want to be numb. I want to feel things deeply, whether it’s joy or pain. I want salty tears running down my face and sheer determination to pray without ceasing. I want to take God at His word and use it as a weapon to defeat that fool of a devil who messes with God’s children.

If it’s my frosty breath whispering a prayer while tears freeze on my face, I’m okay with that because I am His.

In my recent trip to Cranky-town, my heart has turned towards you. I don’t know what you may be facing or going through. But I just want to tell you something…

God adores you.

Every fiber and facet of who you are was by God’s design, fashioned and formed on purpose, with great purpose.

You are not alone.

He knows exactly where you are. He will shelter you in His shadows and there is no safer place than with the Almighty.

Are you like me, is it time for new perspective and a change in focus?

I have bid farewell to Senorita Cranky-pants. I’m dusting off my adorable boots and meeting some friends for chat session over…you guessed it, Pumpkin Spice lattes.

Love you guys like crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment