Friday, November 12, 2010

Be Near




I was listening to one of my life’s song tonight, “Be Near” by Shane and Shane. I wanted to share it with you.

Sometimes we forget how big God is, we seat Him in heavenly places far from our needs when He is a God that longs to be near. He’s the God that stands at a door without a knob knocking loud enough for you to hear yet soft enough for you to drown out with the distractions of this world. There is but one way for Him to get in and you are that ticket in. You have to open the door to Him.

“Darkness is light to Him. The depths are height to Him. Far is near…but, Lord I need to hear from you. Be near.”

When all feels dark around you, He will be your light. When you revisit your dreaded time in the pit, just know He is the hand that pulls you out. When the world tells you that God alone is not enough to satisfy your thirsty soul, remember that He is the living water and your bread of life.

“Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. For indeed, those who are far from You perish, You have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry.

But, it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all Your works.” (Ps 73:25-28 NKJV)

Whatever you may be facing right now, just know that you have a God that longs to be near to you in your times of trouble. He is the God who restores the broken, who takes mourning and turns it into dancing and rejoicing. He is the God that loves you no matter what. Nothing can separate you from His love.

“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.” (James 4:8)

Beloved,
He longs to carry you,
To lift you up with those strong, nail scarred hands.
Let Him.

2 comments:

  1. A time as in your post that we find ourselves surrounded by...this is what I experienced on Thanksgiving Day....I honored those around me, no one blessed our food,so I quietly bowed my head and thanked my Father for the food and the good day He had given again to me.....later there was an opportunity to plant the seed with a young woman there...I will stay in contact with her and know that God worked the Holy Spirit speaking through me..thank you Lord. Thank you for your post....it brightened the day and added to the beauty of it. nana C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana C,
    Thank you so much for sharing your story, may God bless the seed that you planted! That's what life is all about...being God's arms extended! What a blessing! So glad you took the time to comment.

    love,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete