Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm ready for SPRING!!

I have enjoyed listening to my girls watching a wildlife documentary with their daddy. I felt like the scene of lions chasing an emu, pounce on it until it had no choice but to lie down and become a meal for the three hungry lions was a little much for their little eyes, but they were very into it. If they have nightmares tonight about being a snack for hungry lions, it’s not on me.

This week has been a nice, unproductive Spring break for my family. I’m already dreading Monday and the madness that the mornings bring with having little girls, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I will load those angels into a minivan that I swore that I would never drive and hold their little hands all the way down the hall as I pray that no one notices that I’m wearing my stretchy pants and sporting the no make-up look.

I can’t tell you how ready I am for sunshine and spring. I’m ready for bright colors, flowers in bloom, and grass stains on my children’s clothing instead of glazed over eyes from watching entirely too much television. I’m ready for the gray clouds to turn to the most amazing shade of blue and the feel of sunshine on my face.

“For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on earth; and the time of singing has come, and the voice
Of the turtledove is heard in our land.” (Song of Solomon 2:11-12)

Being a sappy romantic, I enjoy reading the Song of Solomon…but, it’s not where I dive into the word of God typically when I am searching for wisdom. But, in this particular scripture the Shulamite woman has to venture out into the vastness of springtime instead of staying hidden by her walls. Her lover is calling her to come away with him.

I tend to hibernate in the winter months and retreat inside from the cold. Outside of our imaginary walls, the amazing love of God is calling to us. Asking us to come out of our hiding places and take a journey with Him. The love of God is the only thing that satisfies our soul. He is our shelter from the storm, our warmth in this cold world. He is our song in spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment