Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Blog Slacker

I’ve been a complete blog-slacker lately. Right now, I’m trying just about everything to motivate myself. I even took vitamins today for “Active Women”. I felt like a total liar yesterday when I was buying them. If they had a bottle with a label that said “These are for the tired, stay-at-home mommy that desperately needs to get her roots done and go for a jog around the neighborhood,” I would have purchased those.

I have been thinking back to things that I have wanted to do, but haven’t. Last year I checked out www.coolrunning.com and found a program called “From the Couch to 5k.” I tried it for a little while and decided that I liked the couch way better than running. I fell in love with my ipod, but hated the sweat running down my face and pains in my side. One day as I was half walking/jogging a lady twice my age passed me on the tracks. I think she was laughing on the inside. I thought about trying to catch up with her to tell her running was bad for your knees, but my side started hurting and I had to stop. I was so proud of her and more than a little embarrassed that her legs looked way better than mine. But, she had figured out the sweet spot and found her pace. I just wasn’t to that level yet.

We all have our pace, something that we are striving for and most of the time we are setting these lofty and unattainable goals for ourselves. Perfection is so over-rated and yet sometimes I really would like to be closer to the perfection side of things instead of my current slacker status. Winter has left me sluggish and sleepy, but I see the promise of Spring and sunshine on its way. Praise God for the different seasons in our life, even the ones that seem rather unproductive. I’m seeking first the Kingdom with the promise of other things being added to mix.

“You will show me the path of life, in Your presence is fullness of joy, at
Your right hand are pleasures forever more.” (Ps 16:11)

So, where are you right now? Are you feeling productive and like you’ve found your sweet spot?

1 comment:

  1. Just read this again today...so hilarious and spot-on. :) Plus I got passed by a 70-year-old man this morning on the track, LOL!

    ReplyDelete