Friday, October 8, 2010

Needy


I’m not really good at being needy.

I would rather not be.

I would like to have it all together and not need a thing.

But, I do.

God never seems to mind.

He simply beckons me to call,

Leading me gently into a place where I lack no good thing.

He opens His hands and satisfies every longing.

In the desert wasteland, He opens streams of living water where I can freely satisfy my thirsty soul.

He knows our needs before they even exist and He longs for us to look to Him first instead of exhausting all other resources before crying out to Him.

So, if you are anything like me…

Wanting to cover up your neediness, just know that you don’t have to.

My friend, in this place we are exactly where He wants us to be;

Completely dependant on Him.


Father,

We run to you. We acknowledge that we are needy before you and ask for more of your Spirit in our lives. Apart from You we are nothing. You long for us and woo us into your arms and hold us tight. Loving Father, you withhold no good thing from Your children so we rest in You.

We look to You.

We come before You needy people and we are so grateful that you don’t mind. Hover around us and take us deeper in You.

In You alone is everything we have need of.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment