Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Help for the Needy


For some reason I just can’t get away from the topic of neediness. So, instead of running from it or trying to cover it up like it doesn’t exist, I have decided to dig in the word of God and see what God might be trying to tell me in all of this.

So many of us have these seasons where we just feel so needy. We never hope to be that clingy girl, but with God…I’m thinking clingy might be a good thing. Because of the way that God loves us He has specific promises for the needy.

We seem so eager for God to fill us up and remove any traces of our neediness, but if we are honest, we know for a fact that we just travel back and forth from different states of neediness. It’s never ending. We were never meant to function apart from Him.

And yet, I’m the five-year-old saying, “I can do it myself.”

And after I have made myself cry from trying so hard, I come to Him with a tear-stained face asking for help with my clumsy hands.

What we can be sure of in our seasons of neediness is:

We have a God who will be our strength.

“For You have been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm…” (Is 25:4)

He will lift you up!

“He raised the poor out of the dust, and lifts the needy out of the ash heap, that He may seat him with the princes-“ (Ps 113:7-8)

He will supply all your need.

“God shall supply all your need according to His riches and glory.” (Phil 4:8)

Lastly, He knows what you need.

“The Father knows the things you have need of before you ask.” (Matt 6:8)

He knows our needs before they even exist. He knows where we are and He longs to be all that we need. I’m thinking being needy isn’t such a bad thing after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment