Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dwelling Place




“The work of righteousness will be peace, and the effect of righteousness, quietness and assurance forever. My people will dwell in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwelling places, and in quiet resting places.” (Is 32:17-18)

I feel quiet right now, not unsettled, just quiet. As if I am waiting for something to unfold right before me, so I wait. I rest in the God who wants me to dwell in secure places, safely tucked away in the center of Gods will.

Our dwelling place is insecure and empty when we base our worth and our value on the ones around us. We are the temple of the Holy Spirit, not a waste basket filled to overflowing with the trash, the wasted words that tried to define you…the petty persons jealousy of you or the one you love desperately that doesn’t get you.

Our dwelling place needs to be free from voices and opinions that do not reflect the heart of God towards us. A secure dwelling place cannot contain all of the beauty of God and remnants of trash from a life of dumpster diving.

His dwelling place is lovely-
Giving us beauty for ashes
Joy instead of mourning
Dressing us up in praise,
Instead of a heaviness of spirit

Isaiah 61 tells us that we will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor.

Oh, how deep our roots must go in Christ to find the nourishment of soul to grow big and strong. I want to be the display of His splendor. I want to dwell in peaceful places with the full assurance that God is the one who holds my hand. I don’t want to be like the wind. I want to be planted, grounded in Christ.

If you feel like you are standing on shaky ground right now, I encourage you to wrap yourself up in these words. With God we trade up every time…beauty for ashes. Joy instead of mourning. Praise instead of heaviness.

Spend some time at His feet!

“How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty!” (Ps 84:1)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jennifer,

    A beautiful post! Thanks for sharing!

    Have you heard the song, "Beauty for Ashes" by two of the greatest talents in Christian music?

    Here's the music video:

    "Beauty for Ashes" Crystal Lewis & Ron Kenoly (The Original video)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRltqI_8S3Q

    God bless you and your ministry!

    Sincerely,

    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Alexis! I love that song...Crystal Lewis is one of my favorites!!

    Blessings!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete