Monday, June 6, 2011

Daughters of Destiny



I wish I could take you on a little journey to see a broken girl who liked to hide, terribly insecure and timid, unable to look you in the eye. When she measured herself she only saw someone who didn’t measure up, someone who wasn’t smart enough or good enough. But, oh how the King longed to make her a daughter, a child of promise as He turned ashes and heartache into beauty and a melody that made her heart sing.

When life left a mark, He erased the sting. When life left her breathless, He breathed new life and filled her lungs with promise and destiny. When the world whispered, “You are worthless.” He whispered, “You are worth it.”

It’s hard to believe that child was me. And when I revisit my past, God reminds me of my future.

The Father wraps us in robes of righteousness and garments of salvation (Is 61:10) as He makes us heirs and joint heirs with Christ. He takes away our symbol of shame and lowly status and sets us in a God-given position of authority. He brings warm embraces and women of valor to remind us that we are daughters of the King, speaking words of wisdom straight from the heart of God.

You have been placed on this earth for such a time as this.

You are worth it.

The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. (Prov 45:11)

Daughters of destiny, it is time for us to start believing that God has an unbelievable inheritance for us!


“This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It’s adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike “What’s next, Papa?” God’s spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children. And we know we are going to get what’s coming to us-an unbelievable inheritance! We go through exactly what Christ goes through. If we go through the hard time with him, then we’re certainly going to go through the good times with him!” (Romans 8:15-17 The Message)

I'm with you asking, "What's next, Papa?"

Much love,
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Oh this really spoke to my heart. So often I feel unworthy. I'm sharing a link on my Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbie,
    I am so glad that this spoke to your heart...I pray that God will show you how He sees you. You are a treasure, the apple of His eye, fearfully and wonderfully made...made in His image. What a beautiful thing!

    Much love to you,

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete